This post contains affiliate links. *Background vector created by Starline – Freepik.com*
12 Weeks of Christmas CAL 2017
Click HERE for all the details
Welcome to Week 3!
This week we will be working on the Dreamy Scarf. This scarf is so soft, fluffy and squishy, it is in fact “dreamy”. The Dreamy Scarf is warm too, perfect for those brisk days. I decided to leave the scarf’s edge plain, but I think this one is the perfect candidate for a fringe too.
The pattern stitch is a super easy one row repeat that creates a horizontal bar and nice texture. I’ve used this stitch in blankets before and really love how easily and quickly it works up.
Thank you to our sponsor Red Heart Yarns, for providing the yarn for this project. I used Dreamy yarn in the color Aqua, but you can choose from seven beautiful colors. This Dreamy yarn is enjoyable to work with and has nice hand feel. It is considered a #4 worsted yarn, but feels more like a bulky as it produces a fabric quickly. The finished fabric is soft and dense for warmth, without a heavy feel and allows for nice stitch definition.
FIND THE FACEBOOK “EVENT” HERE =====> http://bit.ly/2ka8Uyu
(Must be a member of the Crochet Playgroup FB group to see the event)
Don’t Forget to take advantage of the yarn discount, courtesy of Red Heart Yarns!
~ Don’t lose it, add It To Your Ravelry Queue Or Favorites ~
~ And don’t forget to Pin It Too ~
Find all my FREE crochet patterns HERE
Size: 8” x 66”
- Red Heart Dreamy Worsted Weight yarn, 1 ball (466 yards each)
- Hook 7.00 mm
Gauge: 12 sts x 14 rows = 4” ; stitch multiple = 2
hdc: half double crochet
sc: single crochet
- Pattern written in US terms
- Weave ends as you work
- Number in ( ) at end of round indicates the number of stitches in that round.
Row 1: Ch22, sl st in 2nd ch from hook, [hdc in next st, sl st in next st], repeat to end. (21)
Row 2: Ch1 (does not count as st), turn, sl st in first st, [hdc in next st, sl st in next st], repeat to end. (21)
Repeat Row 2 until scarf measures desired length. Fasten off.
Click below to see the matching Dreamy Hat pattern!
Don’t forget to Pin It!
Be sure to link your project up on Ravelry
and enter the Rafflecopter below for a chance to win the weekly prize package!
Valid in US, Canada and Mexico, void where prohibited by law.
Here’s a preview of next week’s pattern
Courtesy of The Purple Poncho!
What do you have to do? It’s Easy!
- Join our Crochet Playground FB Group so you can keep up with all the happenings. There will be a pinned post in the group, where you will go to get info, stay in touch, get/give help and share your progress with your fellow crocheters.
- Subscribe to our blogs and follow us on social media so you won’t miss anything.
- Wait for the list of suggested materials to be announced on September 1st.
- When your CAL project is complete, simply create a Ravelry project and link it to the pattern page. If you need help with this, my friend Rhondda has an easy tutorial HERE to help you out. Projects must be linked by midnight (eastern time) each Thursday and the winner will be selected and announced each Friday. Of course, we’d love you to post your pictures to the FB group too because we love to ooh and ahh over our friends 🙂
- Finally, don’t forget to enter the Rafflecopter link for the weekly giveaway.
We want to share the event with the world, so be sure to tag your posts and pictures with #12WeeksChristmasCAL so that we can be easily found in social media!
That’s it! Easy, breezy and lots of fun!
- 9/1 – Materials List Released
- 9/15 – Week #1 hosted by Pattern Paradise – Frosty Placemat
- 9/22 – Week #2 hosted by Oombawka Design – Peace on Earth Angel
- 9/29 – Week #3 hosted by Pattern Paradise – Dreamy Scarf
- 10/6 – Week #4 hosted byThe Purple Poncho – Holly Berry Stocking
- 10/13 – Week #5 hosted by Pattern Paradise – Dreamy Hat
- 10/20 – Week #6 hosted by A Crocheted Simplicity – Gingerbread Man Hot Pad
- 10/27 – Week #7 hosted by Pattern Paradise – Mysteria Wrap
- 11/3 – Week #8 hosted by The Stitchin’ Mommy
- 11/10 – Week #9 hosted by Pattern Paradise
- 11/17 – Week #10 hosted by Snappy tots
- 11/24 – Week #11 hosted by Pattern Paradise
- 12/1 – Week #12 hosted by Sincerely, Pam
- 12/15 – Grand Prize Winner Announced!
Click below for prior events!
Click the logos below to learn more about my guest hosts,
and follow them on social media!
Follow me on…