12 Weeks of Christmas Blog Hop 2019
This year I’ll be partnering with SIX super-talented blogger friends
and Yarnspirations to sponsor the Blog Hop!
Jolly Reversible Pillow
Scroll down for the free pattern
Find all my FREE crochet patterns HERE
The Jolly Reversible Pillow is another fun accessory for your holiday home. I sized it as a lumbar pillow so that it will be easy to mix and match it with other throw pillows.
Thank you to Yarnspirations for providing the yarn for this sample Jolly Reversible Pillow. I used Super Saver Chunky in 4 colors. You could also use two strands held together, of regular super saver, but the sizing might be slightly different.
I love throw pillows! I think they are pretty, functional and an easy way to update a space. I love reversible pillows more because you get two for the price (or work) of one! The Jolly Reversible Pillow has two sides – Side 1 is perfect for the holiday season with its fun message; turn it over and Side 2 is a graphic look that works year round! Make two or more and mix them together.
I decided to depart from the traditional reds and greens and make this pillow in a more modern color scheme. I feel like this is a good fit in today’s design and decorating schemes, however, I’m sure this reversible pillow will look great in many different colors.
Not a newsletter subscriber yet? What are you waiting for?
Size: 12” x 21”
- Made with #5 bulky yarn, I used Red Heart Super Saver Chunky (173 yards per skein)
- Color 1 (Light Gray) – 2 skeins
- Color 2 (Cherry Red) – 1 skein
- Color 3 (Gray Heather) – 1 skein
- Color 4 (Soft White) – 1 skein
- Hook Clover Amour I/5.50 mm
- Pillow Form 12” x 21”
- Tapestry needle
Did you know I have a shop on Amazon featuring some of my favorite tools and gadgets? Click the link below to visit my shop and get your supplies, at great prices, fast and easy.
Gauge: 12 sc x 12 rows = 4″
Abbreviations (US Terms):
ch – chain
sc – single crochet
sl st– slip stitch
st(s) – stitch(es)
YO – yarn over
Bobble: *YO, insert hook in designated stitch, YO, pull up a loop, YO, pull through 2 loops* (2 loops on hook), repeat between * 3 times (5 loops on hook after last repeat), YO, pull through all 5 loops at once.
- Pattern written in US Standard terms.
- The ch1 at the beginning of a Row DOES NOT count as a stitch.
- When a number precedes a stitch, it means to work that number of stitches in the designated stitch. Example: 2sc, means you will make two single crochets in the designated stitch.
- When a stitch precedes a number, it means make that stitch in the designated number of stitches. Example: sc 2 means you will make a sc in each of the next two stitches.
- Fasten off at color changes.
- Odd numbered rows are wrong side rows.
- Each row has 67 stitches.
Row 1: Color 4, ch 68, sc in 2nd ch from hook and each remaining ch to end.
Rows 2 & 3: Color 4, ch1, turn, sc in each st to end.
Rows 4 & 5: Color 2, ch1, turn, sc in each st to end.
Row 6: Color 3, ch1, turn, sc in each st to end.
Row 7: Color 1, ch1, turn, sc 3, [Bobble, sc 5] repeat until 4 sts remain, Bobble, sc in last 3 sts.
Rows 8 to 18: Color 3, ch1, turn, sc in each st to end.
Row 19: Color 4, ch1, turn, sc 1, [sc 5, Bobble] repeat until 6 sts remain, sc in last 6 sts.
Rows 20 to 30: Repeat Rows 8 to 18.
Row 31: Repeat Row 7.
Row 32: Repeat Row 6.
Rows 33 & 34: Repeat Rows 4 & 5
Rows 35 to 37: Color 4, ch1, turn, sc in each st to end. Fasten off after last repeat
The front part of this pillow is worked in Tapestry crochet, following a charted design, which you will find at the end of the pattern.
For the letter portion of the design, I carried the color not in use and worked over it with the working color. I fastened off at the color changes for the stripes.
Be sure to have all of your ends on the wrong side of the pillow when you change colors.
You may find the following tutorials helpful in working this pattern.
- How to work tapestry crochet here=> http://bit.ly/TapestryCrochet
- How to read a charted design here=> http://bit.ly/ReadGraphicChart
Place the two sides with wrong sides together and match stitches. Join Color 1 in any corner, ch1, working through both thicknesses, sl st 3 sides together. Insert pillow form and continue to join the last side. Fasten off.
Here’s a preview of next week’s project and supply list!
Grand Prize Giveaway #2!
A bag of goodies valued at $100
Link up your CAL/Blog Hop projects on Ravelry! If you need help with this, I have an easy tutorial HERE to help you out. Be sure to enter the Rafflecopter below for a chance to win the grand prize package too!
Valid in US, Canada, void where prohibited by law. Ends 11/8/2019 11:59 pm eastern time.
If you don’t see the Rafflecopter Entry form below, please click HERE to enter.
Click below for prior year’s events!
Be sure you don’t miss out on any of the Blog Hop posts,
Sign up for the CAL/Blog Hop Newsletter today to get updates directly to your email!
What do you have to do? It’s Easy!
- Join the Pattern Paradise FB Group so you can keep up with all the happenings. There will be a pinned post in the group, where you will go to get info, stay in touch, get/give help and share your progress with your fellow crocheters.
- Follow your hosts! Subscribe to our blogs and follow us on social media so you won’t miss anything and to show your support!
- Check my blog each Friday for the new pattern and project preview plus materials for the following week!
- When your CAL project is complete, simply create a Ravelry project and link it to the pattern page. If you need help with this, I have an easy tutorial HERE to help you out.
- Finally, don’t forget to enter the Rafflecopter link for the giveaways. You’ll find these on my weekly blog posts.
We want to share the event with the world, so be sure to tag your posts and pictures with #12WeeksChristmasCAL so that we can be easily found in social media!
That’s it! Easy, breezy and lots of fun!
Click the logos below to learn more about my guest hosts,
and follow them on social media!
I can't wait to see your finished projects,
so feel free to share them on my Facebook page!
Follow me on…
Sign up for my newsletter and get free patterns, giveaways and
other fun stuff delivered directly to your mailbox!
I’m always happy to help you with questions regarding my patterns. Send me a message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Please feel free to sell finished items from my patterns. Pattern credit is not required, but is always appreciated.
Copyright © 2021 Pattern Paradise. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher.