Boho Flouncy Skirt
This boho skirt is great as a summer skirt or bathing suit cover
and over leggings for cooler weather!
Add It To Your Ravelry Queue or Favorites
Pin It Too
* Purchase an ad-free PDF of this pattern on Craftsy or Ravelry *
Find all my FREE crochet patterns HERE
This Boho Flouncy Skirt is the perfect companion to my Boho Babydoll Tank Top. The skirt is a versatile piece in any young lady’s wardrobe. With a drawstring top it is easy to wear as a skirt or even a poncho! Throw it on with a tank for a cool summer outfit, or over a bathing suit for a cute cover up. And, when the weather cools off a bit, wear it over leggings for funky flair!
I designed this skirt in Debbie Bliss Ecobaby yarn. I really loved working with this yarn. It feels good on the hand and has nice drape, sheen and stitch definition. I had this yarn in both mauve and teal in my stash but my lovely model has tired of pinks and decided to go with the blues — I think she made a great choice. This color reminds me of cool ocean breezes and fun in the sun!
The pattern includes instructions for typical 2 to 12 year old sizing but it isn’t difficult to size it to your needs.
Instructions written for smallest size, changes are in ( )
- Size 2 – 4: Fits 20” to 22” waist; 10” long
- Size 6 – 8: Fits 23” to 25” waist; 12” long
- Size 10 -12: Fits 26” to 28” waist; 15” long
Sizing on this skirt is very forgiving due to the drawstring closure and will fit a wider range of waist sizes than noted above.
- Debbie Bliss Ecobaby or any similar sport weight yarn in two colors 225, (275, 350) of each color or 450, (550, 700) yards total
- Hook US G/4.00 mm
Gauge: 20 dc x 11 rows = 4”
Abbreviations (US Terms):
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
FP = Front Post
hdc = half double crochet
sc = single crochet
sl = slip
st(s) = stitch(es)
tr = treble
- Pattern written in US terms.
- Weave ends as you work.
- Stitch count is at end of round in ( ).
- Join rounds with sl st to first st.
- Ch1 at beginning of round does not count as st, chs within rounds DO count as st.
- Skirt Band:Round 1: With Color 1, ch 120, (150, 170), join with sl st to first ch, ch1 sc in each ch to end, join. (120, 150, 170)Round 2: Ch4 (counts as dc + ch1), skip 1, [dc in next st, ch1, skip 1], repeat between [ ] to end, join. (120, 150, 170)Round 3: Ch1, [FPtr around dc, dc next 9 sts], repeat between [ ] to end, join. (120, 150, 170)Round 4: Ch1, [FPtr around FPtr, dc next 9 sts], repeat between [ ] to end, join. (120, 150, 170)Repeat Round 4: 5 (7, 10) times.
Round 1: Join Color 2, ch1, *[sc, dc] in next st, skip 1] *, repeat between * to end, join. (120, 150, 170)
Round 2: For this round, work in sc of previous round and skip dc. Ch1, turn, *[sc, dc, sc, dc] in next sc, [sc, dc] in next sc] *, repeat between * to end, join. (180, 226, 256)
Round 3: Ch1, turn, [sc, dc] in each sc to end, join. (180, 226, 256)
Repeat Round 3: 2, (4, 7) times.
Round 1: Join Color 1, Ch1, turn, [sc, dc] in each sc to end, join. (180, 226, 256)
Repeat Round 1: 7, (9, 12) times.
Round 1: Join Color 2, Ch1, turn, [sc, dc] in each sc to end, join. (180, 226, 256)
Repeat Round 1: 1, (2, 4) times
Round 1: Ch1, turn, [sc in next sc, ch2], repeat between [ ] to end, join.
Rounds 2 and 3: Turn, sl st into next ch space, ch5 (counts as hdc + 3 ch), [hdc in next ch space, ch3], repeat between [ ] to end, join.
Edge: Turn, ch1, [sc, hdc, sc] in each ch space to end, join.
Drawstring: With Color 2, ch 170, (200, 230), turn and sl st in each ch to end. Fasten off. Weave through Round 2 of Skirt Band.
Don’t Forget To Pin It Too!
I can't wait to see your finished projects,
so feel free to share them on my Facebook page!
Follow me on…
Sign up for my newsletter and get free patterns, giveaways and
other fun stuff delivered directly to your mailbox!
I’m always happy to help you with questions regarding my patterns. Send me a message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Please feel free to sell finished items from my patterns. Pattern credit is not required, but is always appreciated.
Copyright © 2023 Pattern Paradise. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher.
Leave a Reply