12 Weeks of Christmas CAL
Are you ready to get started?
Week 1 Project: Scrumptious Scarf
by Wendy Bickford of The Hooked Haberdasher
- The pattern will be released on 9/11 by The Hooked Haberdasher.
- Finished projects posted in the pinned post at Crochet Playground Facebook Group, by 9/18 will be entered to win the Red Heart Yarn Prize package ($50 Value).
- Here is the material list so you’ll be ready to get started right away:
- Bulky Yarn, Category 5; 300 – 350 yards. The model was made with Red Heart Boutique Infinity yarn
- Susan Bates Hook: US K-10.5/6.5mm
- Stitch Marker
- Yarn/Tapestry needle for weaving ends
Haven’t heard about the CAL yet?
No problem, click HERE to get all the details!
Share your work!
We’d love to see your finished projects, here are some great places to share them:
- #12WeeksChristmasCAL – Our special page dedicated to your CAL projects!
- Linky Ladies Community Link Party – Open every week from Tuesday to Saturday
- #12WeeksChristmasCAL – Pinterest Board
Dates to remember:
• September 4th – First post with materials for the first project.
• Each Friday from September 11th through November 20th – new free pattern posted, along with a yarn review and the materials list for the next week.
• November 27th – final free pattern post + the details on the Grand Prize Giveaway!
Meet the hosts, and don’t forget to follow our blogs and social media!
I can't wait to see your finished projects,
so feel free to share them on my Facebook page!
Follow me on…
Sign up for my newsletter and get free patterns, giveaways and
other fun stuff delivered directly to your mailbox!
I’m always happy to help you with questions regarding my patterns. Send me a message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Please feel free to sell finished items from my patterns. Pattern credit is not required, but is always appreciated.
Copyright © 2023 Pattern Paradise. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher.
Andrea Paul says
Hi this is my first time I am a newby. And for USA what size of hook do I need. Thank you
Welcome! Each project will have a different set of materials and hook requirements. Starting tomorrow we will be posting 1 new free pattern each week and providing the materials list for the following week’s projects, so be sure to sign up for my blog (lower right side of my home page) te get email notification of new posts.
Ooooh! I love this scarf!! I’m so excited to get started????
GLORIA MONTEZ says
This scarf looks amazing….can’t wait…….It will a great gift for Christmas…
Thank you for sharing……waiting for pattern….
Yes these would make terrific Christmas gifts! And stay tuned, there is much more 🙂
GLORIA MONTEZ says
I’m getting your same email 5 times…..can you please correct…..1 is good for me…
Oh I’m sorry, but I have no idea how that is happening. I’m not doing anything to initiate it. I’ll check with wordpress to see if there is anything they can recommend.
Do we have to use the same yarn as listed or the same brand, or is it up to us?
You can use whatever yarn you like. We recommend the brand we used for best results, however, as long as you meet gauge you should be able to substitute.
Can I also check where it is you can send prizes to please. I think I remember that its only open to US and Canada but that might have beenanother site. (I’m in the UK, and still want to take parteven if I can’t win anything 🙂 )
Prizes are worldwide 🙂
Do not forget that the terms used are US terms and not UK terms
Thanks for the reminder, we will note the patterns accordingly.
Whoop!!! Super excited to begin. Not that I need more projects but how could I not. Surprises, great designers, what’s not to love (or stop me from doing more) haha ???? can’t wait x
We are excited too! Can’t wait to start sharing the projects with all of you!