I love the sparkle of the holidays. Everything seems to have just a little more shine, glitz and glamor. Here is a perfect holiday adaptation of my Winter Waves Ear Warmer crochet pattern. I added a couple of crocheted roses, but you could add a sparkly snowflake or some pearls to make it really fancy. So have some fun and whip up some of these for a special little girl or big girl too!
- I used two strands of Vanna’s Glamour throughout. Approximately 130 yards.
- Hook US G – 4.00mm for the Base and Final Rounds
- Hook US H – 4.5mm for the main part of the band and Border Rows.
Follow instructions for the Winter Waves Ear Warmer pattern, with changes as noted below:
- When you make your FSC, be sure you have a number of stitches that can be divided by 4 (example: 52, 56, 60, etc).
- Replace the Border Round as follows:
- Join yarn in any st of of Final Round, ch1, sc in same st, *skip 1, [dc, ch1, dc, ch1, dc] in next st, skip 1, sc in next st*.
- Repeat around, ending with a sl st in beg sc. Fasten off. Repeat on other side, being sure to line up your beg point so that the border rows are mirror images of each other.
The roses came from a lovely free pattern named May Roses by Lucy of Attic 24.