This post contains affiliate links. *Background vector created by Starline – Freepik.com*
12 Weeks of Christmas CAL 2017
This year I’ll be partnering with SIX super-talented blogger friends and Red Heart Yarn to sponsor the CAL!
We are in our third year of the #12WeeksChristmasCAL event and I’m even more excited than I was the first year! This year I’ve added two more super talented designers, for a total of 6 guest bloggers! Like past events, this one will focus on having fun! Along the way we hope you learn some new techniques, play with some new yarns as well as old favorites and most of all make some like minded friends! The added bonus is that when you are all done, you’ll have some holiday decorations and gifts too! Thank you to Red Heart Yarns for sponsoring this CAL and the weekly and grand prize raffles once again!
Click below for prior events!
Be sure you don’t miss out on any of the CAL posts,
Sign up for the 12WeeksChristmas Newsletter today to get updates directly to your email!
How does it work?
Each Friday, starting September 15th, we will post a new free pattern with a holiday theme. We will end in early December so that you will have lots of time to finish your projects for holiday decorating, gift giving or simply to enjoy during the season. The projects vary in size and type so there should be something for everyone.
The CAL will be hosted in the Crochet Playground FB Group . Here you will find a group of crocheters eager to help each other and share progress. The host for the week will also be available throughout the week to mingle and answer questions on their pattern. It’s a fun place to work on the CAL and build a sense of community with like minded people.
Thanks to Red Heart Yarn, we will be hosting a Weekly Yarn Giveaway (value $50) so that you can try some of their new and featured yarns and we will end with a Grand Prize Giveaway too (value $125)! More on the giveaways to follow!
But that’s not all!
Red Heart Yarns is also giving us a discount code so you can stock up on yarn for the CAL (or whatever else you like). Just use the link below and enter the coupon code at checkout to get 15% off through 11/1!
What do you have to do? It’s Easy!
- Join our Crochet Playground FB Group so you can keep up with all the happenings. There will be a pinned post in the group, where you will go to get info, stay in touch, get/give help and share your progress with your fellow crocheters.
- Subscribe to our blogs and follow us on social media so you won’t miss anything.
- Wait for the list of suggested materials to be announced on September 1st.
- When your CAL project is complete, simply create a Ravelry project and link it to the pattern page. If you need help with this, my friend Rhondda has an easy tutorial HERE to help you out. Projects must be linked by midnight (eastern time) each Thursday and the winner will be selected and announced each Friday. Of course, we’d love you to post your pictures to the FB group too because we love to ooh and ahh over our friends 🙂
- Finally, don’t forget to enter the Rafflecopter link for the weekly giveaway.
We want to share the event with the world, so be sure to tag your posts and pictures with #12WeeksChristmasCAL so that we can be easily found in social media!
That’s it! Easy, breezy and lots of fun!
- 9/1 – Materials List Released
- 9/15 – Week #1 hosted by Pattern Paradise
- 9/22 – Week #2 hosted by Oombawka Design
- 9/29 – Week #3 hosted by Pattern Paradise
- 10/6 – Week #4 hosted byThe Purple Poncho
- 10/13 – Week #5 hosted by Pattern Paradise
- 10/20 – Week #6 hosted by A Crocheted Simplicity
- 10/27 – Week #7 hosted by Pattern Paradise
- 11/3 – Week #8 hosted by The Stitchin’ Mommy
- 11/10 – Week #9 hosted by Pattern Paradise
- 11/17 – Week #10 hosted by Snappy tots
- 11/24 – Week #11 hosted by Pattern Paradise
- 12/1 – Week #12 hosted by Sincerely, Pam
- 12/15 – Grand Prize Winner Announced!
Click the logos below to learn more about my guest hosts,
and follow them on social media!
Follow me on…