Spring is here!!
And with spring comes new growth. What better way to celebrate than with the Flower Power free crochet pattern? These colorful blooms bring cheer and smiles. Collect them in a basket, add them to a dress or hat or string them together for some fun bunting!
I used Worsted Weight Yarn but you can use any yarn for this pattern
Gauge is not important for this project, juse a hook that is appropriate for your yarn.
Size: Approximately 2 ½” diameter, but size will vary based on yarn used.
Beg – beginning
Ch – Chain
Hdc – Half Double Crochet
Sc – Single Crochet
Sl st – Slip Stitch
St(s) – Stitch(es)
• Weave ends as you work
• Chain 1 at beginning of round does not count as stitch
• Numbers in ( ) at end of the round represent number of stitches in that round
• Work instructions in [ ] or * as designated
• Join each round with a slip stitch to the first stitch
• Fasten off at color change
• I made Rounds 1 & 2 in one color and Rounds 3 & 4 in another, but experiment with different variations to make your flowers truly unique.
Round 1: With Color 1, start with a Magic circle, ch1, work 12 sc in center of circle, join. Pull loose tail tight to close center opening. (12)
Round 2: Ch1, [sc in next st, 2sc in next st], repeat to end, join. Fasten off. (18)
Round 3: With Color 2, join in any st, ch1, [sc in next st, sc one row down in next st, sc in next st, ch3], repeat to end, join. (6 ch3 openings)
For Pointed Petals:
Round 4: Sl St into next st (sc that is one row down) [work 3hdc, ch2, sl st in 1st ch, 3hdc in ch3 loop, skip next st, sl st in next st], repeat to end, join. Fasten off. (6 pointed petals)
To work the bunting as shown in picture, [ch25, join flower with a sl st, sl st in next 10 chains, ch20, join flower with a sl st, st st in next 5 chains], repeat between [ ] until all flowers are used, ch15, fasten off.
This post contains affiliate links:
Big Book of Crochet eBook
from: Leisure Arts, Inc.
Options for saving this pattern:
1. Bookmark this page!
2. Use the print button and print out a copy of the free pattern version.
3. PDF instant download, Ads-free version available for a nominal fee here.