With Thanksgiving around the corner, I’m taking a break from crochet to focus on one of my other passions – cooking. One of the staples on my dessert table is Pecan Pie. I have tweaked my recipe over the years and settled on this one as the PERFECT Pecan Pie, according to my family. It is sweet, but not too sweet, the maple syrup rounds out the flavor and it slices like a dream and never falls apart into a gooey blob!
I hope you and your family enjoy this pie and I hope you have a happy, healthy and blessed Thanksgiving. ~Maria~
Toast the pecans:
- Keep the chopped pecans separate from the halves. Toast the pecans in a 350 degrees F oven for 8-12 minutes mixing, during baking so they brown evenly.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
- Turn up the oven to 400 degrees F.
- You can make your own crust or buy one ready made. Place pie crust in pie dish, and line with aluminum foil and weights or dried beans. Bake pie shell until set (5-6 minutes). Remove foil and weights and bake an additional 2-3 minutes
- Turn down the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and mix in sugars with a wire whisk until butter is absorbed.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in salt, corn syrup, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Place saucepan over very low heat cooking and stirring constantly with wire whisk until mixture is hot and looks shiny, about 6-7 minutes. Be sure to stir constantly so the mixture cooks evenly and the eggs don’t scramble.
- Remove from heat and strain into a large bowl to remove any cooked egg, then stir in the cooled, toasted pecans.
Fill & Bake:
- Pour the pecan mixture into the pie crust. Decorate the top of the pie with the toasted pecan halves.
- Bake the pie until the center feels set but still soft to the touch approximately 40-55 minutes. You may need to cover the edges of the crust with foil to prevent over browning, or cover the top of the pie with foil so it doesn’t get too brown.
- Transfer pie to a wire rack and let cool completely, at least 5 hours. Serve plain or with a scoop of ice cream on top.