Remember my gnocchi making post a few days ago? Well, I couldn’t wait to make a dinner with them, so tonight we had Maria’s Sundried Tomato Gnocchi with my son’s Avocado & Tomato salad and homemade bread…DELICIOUS! Start to table in 20 minutes and that included setting the table! The pasta & salad recipes follow:
Maria’s Sundried Tomato Gnocchi
Serves: 6 – 8
2 Tbs olive oil 1 cup dry white wine
1 medium onion chopped 2 cups chicken broth
8 oz of mushrooms sliced 1 lb peeled & deveined shrimp
3 garlic cloves minced (we like garlic!) 1 lb gnocchi
2 cups sundried tomatoes Salt & Pepper to taste
- In large skillet, saute onions and mushrooms in olive oil until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and tomatoes and continue to cook to soften the garlic.
- Deglaze with the wine and cook down until wine evaporates a bit.
- In the meantime, boil gnocchi in large pot of boiling water until they float to the top, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and shrimp and cook until shrimp turn pink.
- Add the gnocchi and season with salt & pepper. Garnish with basil or parsley if desired.
Avocado & Tomato Salad
Serves: 6 – 8
3 medium tomatoes cut into wedges
2 avocados sliced
10 basil leaves roughly chopped
White wine or balsamic vinegar
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Assemble first three ingredients on platter.
- Drizzle with Olive oil and vinegar
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper