If you want a warm, hearty and tasty soup, why not give this simple but elegant bisque a try? It happens to be my son’s favorite and I recently made it as part of his birthday dinner.
6 – 8 servings
1 small onion minced
2 garlic cloves minced
4 Tbsp of butter
1/2 Cup flour
6 Cups chicken, vegetable or fish broth (I use chicken)
2 Tbsp tomato paste
2 Cups heavy cream
1 lb of cooked lump crab meat
chopped chives or scallions
sour cream or creme fraiche
- Saute onion and garlic in butter until translucent (careful not to burn the garlic).
- Add flour and cook for a minute or two.
- Stir in tomato paste and add chicken broth slowly, while whisking together.
- Bring to boil until soup thickens.
- Add cream until heated through, being careful not to boil or cream will curdle
- Stir in crab
- Garnish as desired