This post contains affiliate links. *Background vector created by Starline – Freepik.com*
12 Weeks of Christmas CAL 2017
Click HERE for all the details
Welcome to Week 4!
This week we will be working the beautiful Holly Berry Stocking by our host Carolyn, from The Purple Poncho. I love the textures in this stocking. The dots pop out and then there’s a fur cuff for a bit of extra fun! I can’t wait to make a few of these. I often use stockings as a way to wrap smaller gifts (it’s like two gifts in one) and this one will be perfect!
I met Carolyn several years ago through a blogging collaboration and quickly learned that she is not only a wonderful designer and blogger, but also a very nice person and good friend. I had the pleasure of meeting her in person at the CGOA conference and it was as if we’d know each other all our lives! If you aren’t familiar with Carolyn’s designs, browse through her blog! She has many free patterns & tutorials for you to enjoy. Her styles are elegant with a dash of funky style and she has been published in several publications
With Love and With Love Metallic yarn are soft premium, acrylic, worsted weight yarns. They are easy to care for and have a nice feel to the touch. The metallic has a metallic thread throughout to add a bit of sparkle. These yarns are machine wash and dry and come in over 30 beautiful shades solids and multis. These yarns are no-dye-lot which means all skeins match, so it’s easy to buy additional skeins without the worry of color match. If you like this yarn, you can find inspiration with over 200 free patterns made in With Love yarns!
Fur is just plain old fun! It’s a great yarn to add accents to décor or make stuffed animals, but it looks great on fashion accessories too! Fur is soft and available in both natural and non-natural shades, and it’s a fake fur, so no animals were harmed!
Don’t Forget to take advantage of the yarn discount, courtesy of Red Heart Yarns!
~ Don’t lose it, add It To Your Ravelry Queue Or Favorites ~
~ And don’t forget to Pin It Too ~
Be sure to link your project up on Ravelry
and enter the Rafflecopter below for a chance to win the weekly prize package!
Valid in US, Canada and Mexico, void where prohibited by law.
Here’s a preview of next week’s pattern
Courtesy of Pattern Paradise!
Like FREE patterns? Find all my FREE crochet patterns HERE!
What do you have to do? It’s Easy!
- Join our Crochet Playground FB Group so you can keep up with all the happenings. There will be a pinned post in the group, where you will go to get info, stay in touch, get/give help and share your progress with your fellow crocheters.
- Subscribe to our blogs and follow us on social media so you won’t miss anything.
- Wait for the list of suggested materials to be announced on September 1st.
- When your CAL project is complete, simply create a Ravelry project and link it to the pattern page. If you need help with this, my friend Rhondda has an easy tutorial HERE to help you out. Projects must be linked by midnight (eastern time) each Thursday and the winner will be selected and announced each Friday. Of course, we’d love you to post your pictures to the FB group too because we love to ooh and ahh over our friends 🙂
- Finally, don’t forget to enter the Rafflecopter link for the weekly giveaway.
We want to share the event with the world, so be sure to tag your posts and pictures with #12WeeksChristmasCAL so that we can be easily found in social media!
That’s it! Easy, breezy and lots of fun!
- 9/1 – Materials List Released
- 9/15 – Week #1 hosted by Pattern Paradise – Frosty Placemat
- 9/22 – Week #2 hosted by Oombawka Design – Peace on Earth Angel
- 9/29 – Week #3 hosted by Pattern Paradise – Dreamy Scarf
- 10/6 – Week #4 hosted byThe Purple Poncho
- 10/13 – Week #5 hosted by Pattern Paradise
- 10/20 – Week #6 hosted by A Crocheted Simplicity
- 10/27 – Week #7 hosted by Pattern Paradise
- 11/3 – Week #8 hosted by The Stitchin’ Mommy
- 11/10 – Week #9 hosted by Pattern Paradise
- 11/17 – Week #10 hosted by Snappy tots
- 11/24 – Week #11 hosted by Pattern Paradise
- 12/1 – Week #12 hosted by Sincerely, Pam
- 12/15 – Grand Prize Winner Announced!
Click below for prior events!
Click the logos below to learn more about my guest hosts,
and follow them on social media!
Follow me on…